Curiosity Delivers.

Out on the Town

Out on the Town

McGill Law Fashion Show showcases local designs in a minimalist setting

On Jan. 19, Gallery Gora, situated on bustling Sherbrooke Street West, was transformed into the set for the annual McGill Law Fashion Show, complete with hanging neon art to compliment a stylish white-concrete floor. With diverse colours, designs, and styles on display, the fashion show, both run by and featuring McGill Faculty of Law students… Keep Reading

Out on the Town

A guide to Montreal’s best holiday markets

December is nearly upon us, and that means two things: Finals are just around the corner, and, perhaps more enticing, holiday markets are opening up around Montreal. These pop-up shops are one-stop spots for picking up unique gifts, enjoying cold-weather snacks, and experiencing live entertainment. Not sure where to start? The McGill Tribune compiled a list… Keep Reading

Out on the Town

Holy shiitake: A bite out of Montreal’s Vegan Festival

From Nov. 4 to 5, this year’s vegan festival ran as an ode to the emerging success of the vegan movement in Montreal. The city’s first vegan festival debuted in 2014, and it has come far since then. Among the festival’s stacked list of guest appearances was Chris Cooney, a popular YouTuber with a cooking… Keep Reading

Out on the Town

Montreal ranked ‘best beer city’ in Canada: The Tribune takes on the top three bars

If there’s one thing Montreal is known for, it’s the town's bustling party scene. So when travel agency Expedia recently rated cities across Canada for their local beer, it came as no surprise that Montreal topped the list. The McGill Tribune took a look into this rating by exploring three of the best local breweries—two recommended… Keep Reading

Out on the Town

Librarie Wescott: A hidden treasure of St-Laurent

On the corner of Duluth Avenue and St-Laurent Boulevard, a hidden treasure of Montreal has been lying low for over 25 years: Librarie Wescott. The small, independently-owned used bookstore has an unbelievable collection of works on topics ranging from Buddhism to Italian geography—a disarray of texts that is almost unbelievable at first sight. Piles of… Keep Reading

Out on the Town

Markets of Montreal: A guide to exploring Montreal’s fall food venues

Now that the seemingly endless summer has wrapped up, fall is finally upon us—and with the changing seasons comes the perfect weather for strolling through Montreal’s food markets. Make the best of the city’s beautiful, albeit short-lived, fall season with The McGill Tribune’s rundown of the best venues around. Marché Jean-Talon 7070 Ave Henri Julien,… Keep Reading

1 2 3 6
Curiosity Delivers.
Go to Top