Curiosity Delivers.

Campus Spotlight

Campus Spotlight

McGill Law Fashion Show showcases local designs in a minimalist setting

On Jan. 19, Gallery Gora, situated on bustling Sherbrooke Street West, was transformed into the set for the annual McGill Law Fashion Show, complete with hanging neon art to compliment a stylish white-concrete floor. With diverse colours, designs, and styles on display, the fashion show, both run by and featuring McGill Faculty of Law students… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

McGill Outdoors Club makes the most of Montreal winters

Each year, the end of the holiday season inspires dread for the rest of winter. Come January, our sweaters grow worn with time and our excitement over the first snow has melted with the realization that the ruthless Winter season will stretch on for months longer. The McGill Outdoors Club (MOC), however, has a different… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

Campus Spotlight: McGill Permaculture Club

Sustainability and ethics are the two general pillars of a form of agriculture known as ‘permaculture.’ A combination of the words ‘permanent’ and ‘culture,’ the term refers to the development of sustainable and ethical agricultural ecosystems. The practice—and the 12 specific principles behind it, which advocate for reducing  waste, increasing biodiversity, and using resources efficiently… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

Campus Spotlight: Social Equity and Diversity Education Office

The Social Equity and Diversity Education (SEDE) Office at McGill provides equity education across campus and beyond. Through equity training sessions, workshops, and advising services for students and faculty members, SEDE aims to serve the needs of marginalized voices on campus. Founded in 2005 by Associate Director Veronica Amberg, SEDE once existed solely within the… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

Women who draw at McGill

Although visual arts have historically been gendered as a feminine pursuit, making them more socially acceptable for girls to explore their creativity than boys, a clear gender imbalance exists among the top figures of the industry, with male artists receiving more representation than women. To counter this inequality, Julia Rothman, co-founder of Women Who Draw,… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

Environment and society unite to address sustainability at student-run panel

On Jan. 17, World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) McGill and the Arts Undergraduate Society Environmental Council (AUSEC) hosted a panel discussion titled Society & The Environment: A Multidisciplinary Perspective. Leacock 26 was packed as students gathered to see experts discuss the current ecological crisis—but as the name of the event suggested, the emphasis was… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

Long-distance tutoring connects McGill students to Syrian refugees with the Syrian Kids Foundation

Over the Internet, McGill students are preparing Syrian refugees in Turkey to take English language proficiency exams. The tutoring is facilitated by the Syrian Kids Foundation (SKF), an organization founded in 2012 to support Syrian refugees in Turkey. Through its flagship project, the Al Salam School, the SKF provides over 1,800 Syrian refugee children living… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

Campus food initiatives find solutions to reduce their food waste

Wasting food is often unavoidable, whether producing extra scraps from cooking or throwing out moldy and expired food. For many student-led food-based initiatives on campus, food waste is an ever-present issue that requires  large-scale efforts to combat it.  Reducing food waste can begin with the early stages of production. According to Students’ Society of McGill… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

Campus Spotlight: Bar des Arts

McGill’s hustle and bustle can often seem neverending, and finding an environment where one can escape the busy-ness of student life while still on campus can be a challenge. The Arts Undergraduate Society’s (AUS) Bar des Arts (BdA) serves as a resting spot for students to enjoy a beer and grilled cheese, play a game of… Keep Reading

1 2 3
Curiosity Delivers.
Go to Top