Curiosity Delivers.

Campus Spotlight

Campus Spotlight

A search for space and community after the SSMU Building closure

The Student’s Society of McGill University (SSMU) Centre has been the heart of student life at McGill since its completion in 1965. From napping in the lounge, to grabbing a drink at Gerts Bar, to popping by the Peer Support Centre for a chat, the centre was students’ go-to for virtually anything. When the building… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

McGill Law Fashion Show showcases local designs in a minimalist setting

On Jan. 19, Gallery Gora, situated on bustling Sherbrooke Street West, was transformed into the set for the annual McGill Law Fashion Show, complete with hanging neon art to compliment a stylish white-concrete floor. With diverse colours, designs, and styles on display, the fashion show, both run by and featuring McGill Faculty of Law students… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

McGill Outdoors Club makes the most of Montreal winters

Each year, the end of the holiday season inspires dread for the rest of winter. Come January, our sweaters grow worn with time and our excitement over the first snow has melted with the realization that the ruthless Winter season will stretch on for months longer. The McGill Outdoors Club (MOC), however, has a different… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

Campus Spotlight: McGill Permaculture Club

Sustainability and ethics are the two general pillars of a form of agriculture known as ‘permaculture.’ A combination of the words ‘permanent’ and ‘culture,’ the term refers to the development of sustainable and ethical agricultural ecosystems. The practice—and the 12 specific principles behind it, which advocate for reducing  waste, increasing biodiversity, and using resources efficiently… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

Campus Spotlight: Social Equity and Diversity Education Office

The Social Equity and Diversity Education (SEDE) Office at McGill provides equity education across campus and beyond. Through equity training sessions, workshops, and advising services for students and faculty members, SEDE aims to serve the needs of marginalized voices on campus. Founded in 2005 by Associate Director Veronica Amberg, SEDE once existed solely within the… Keep Reading

Campus Spotlight

Women who draw at McGill

Although visual arts have historically been gendered as a feminine pursuit, making them more socially acceptable for girls to explore their creativity than boys, a clear gender imbalance exists among the top figures of the industry, with male artists receiving more representation than women. To counter this inequality, Julia Rothman, co-founder of Women Who Draw,… Keep Reading

1 2 3 4
Curiosity Delivers.
Go to Top