Film and TV

Femme Fatale demonstrates the resilience of femme-identifying filmmakers

From narrative films to political documentaries to abstract and surrealist productions, the Femme Fatale Film Festival has something for every type of film lover. The festival offers young women and femme-identifying filmmakers a means to showcase their work in an inclusive and empowering space.  Festival director Astrid Mohr, U2 Arts, […]

The Evangelical Crux of the Bachelor franchise

“Bachelor Nation,” as the viewership of the sprawling ABC franchise affectionately refers to themselves as, watched in awe and elation during last season of The Bachelorette, when Hannah Brown dramatically sent home Luke Parker—the season’s villain—during week seven. The two had bonded over their shared Christian faith, and Parker had […]

‘Emily In Paris’ is poised off of an idealized Paris

Netflix’s latest release, Emily In Paris, is a plethora of generic tropes, teeming with cultural stereotypes, questionable outfits, and overused plot lines that induce eye-rolls from even the most charitable of viewers. I binged it in two days.  The show revolves around 20-something-years-old American marketing extraordinaire Emily Cooper, played by […]

A look into Robert Pattinson’s twisted sonic world

In 2005, Stephenie Meyer released Twilight, making waves in young adult literature. It was the novel’s 2008 film adaptation, though, that truly cemented The Twilight Saga in the teen cultural landscape. A major player to emerge from the series was Robert Pattinson, the British actor who portrayed vampiric protagonist Edward Cullen […]