Curiosity Delivers.

Word on the Y

Word on the Y

Word on the Y: What lessons have you learned this year?

The end of the school year is a time for reflection: Closing textbooks for the last time, packing apartment belongings into boxes, and sharing one last beer with friends at OAP leave many looking back on the past eight months with a little more wisdom. The McGill Tribune caught up with students passing by the Y-intersection… Keep Reading

Word on the Y

Word on the Y: FourLoko ban

What are we going to do without FourLoko? McGill students in the midst of their collective existential crises navigate their confusion, sadness, and anger in the wake of a city-wide depanneur ban on FourLoko. Keep Reading

Word on the Y

Word on the Y: What are your headline predictions for 2018?

As one of the most eventful years for North American politics in recent history, 2017 offered a slew of surprising and thought-provoking news stories. With the new year upon us, there are endless possibilities for what this year’s major political headlines will be. To get students’ thoughts the on the matter, The McGill Tribune trekked out… Keep Reading

Word on the Y

Word on the Y: What’s your favourite Halloween memory?

When it comes to Halloween memories, everyone has had their share of tricks and treats. The McGill Tribune talked to students passing by the Y-Intersection about their spine-tingling, sugar-filled, sentimental recollections of Halloweens past. Sophie Sklar, U0 Arts “[I remember] always carving a pumpkin. That was like, the big shabang with all of my cousins. [Also]… Keep Reading

Word on the Y

Word on the Y: What does balance mean to you?

As midterms approach, the concept of ‘balance’ may begin to seem increasingly elusive. Navigating university life is no easy task, but remembering to keep the big picture in mind is one of the biggest lessons students learn during their time at McGill. The McGill Tribune asked passers-by at the Y-intersection about how they define a balanced… Keep Reading

Word on the Y

Word on the Y: What do you wish you’d known as an undergrad?

The undergraduate years are undeniably some of the most exciting—albeit confusing—years for a lot of students. To help students navigate this period of constant learning and discovery, The McGill Tribune reached out to current McGill professors to find out the valuable lessons they took away from their experiences.   Laura Pavelka, Faculty Lecturer, Department of… Keep Reading

Curiosity Delivers.
Go to Top