Curiosity Delivers.

Student of the Week

(Claire Motyer / The McGill Tribune)
Student of the Week

Student of the Week: Claire Motyer

“I’ve been playing violin since I was four, so I’ve always defined myself as a musician,” Claire Motyer, U3 Music, said. Motyer spent her whole life immersed in musical performance, until she injured herself in her first semester at McGill University from over-rehearsing. “I was […] practicing four hours a day plus rehearsals, so up to… Keep Reading

(Hillary for America / flickr.com)
Student of the Week

Student of the Week: Alex Goldman’s tales from the Hillary Clinton campaign trail

“You don’t have to study politics in order to get involved with politics,” said Alex Goldman, U2 Arts. “It’s all about being diverse and coming from many different backgrounds.” True to his word, Goldman—a former Management student, now switching into History—has already dedicated much of his life to politics. He was raised in Vienna, Austria,… Keep Reading

(Noah Sutton / McGill Tribune)
Student of the Week

Student of the Week: Chris Gismondi

While many McGill students struggle to work fitness into their daily schedules in addition to balancing academics and extracurriculars, Chris Gismondi, U4 Joint Honours Art History and History with a minor in Indigenous Studies, has no problem with this. After taking a Students’ Society of McGill University (SSMU) minicourse in pole dancing, Gismondi fell quickly… Keep Reading

Mary-Liz Power (Natalie Vineberg / McGill Tribune)
Student of the Week

Student of the Week: Mary-Liz Power

Not having enough free time is a problem for most McGill students, but Mary-Liz Power, a U3 Psychology student with minors in Marketing and Behavioural Science, finds herself loving her constantly busy schedule. Power volunteers her time with the McGill Psychology Students Association (MPSA) as their organization’s U3 representative, organizing events and liaising with other… Keep Reading

(Natalie Vineberg / McGill Tribune)
Student of the Week

Student of the Week: Emma Solome

When transitioning from first year to second year, Emma Solome knew she was looking for something more from her university experience. Her focus this year is incorporating extra-curricular ventures that she is passionate about while balancing a challenging degree in chemical engineering. “In first year, I wasn’t really involved in anything,” Solome said. “I didn’t… Keep Reading

(Natalie Vineberg / McGill Tribune)
Student of the Week

Student of the Week: Jonathan Motha-Pollock

A recurring theme in the life of Jonathan Motha-Pollock is exploration of the world with an open mind. Although originally from Toronto, Ontario, he is looking forward to taking a year to travel following his graduation in April. When making the decision to come to McGill for his undergraduate education, Montreal stood out because Motha-Pollock… Keep Reading

(Margaux Delalex / McGill Tribune)
Student of the Week

Student of the Week: Dawn Cheung

Dawn Cheung, U4 English Literature major and East Asian Studies minor, is actively contributing to student life on campus in many ways, including through her management of the popular Facebook page: Free Food on Campus and in Montreal.  Cheung has been living in Montreal since 2007, after moving from Coquitlam, British Columbia with her family… Keep Reading

(Natalie Vineberg / McGill Tribune)
Student of the Week

Student of the Week: Maud Schram

Maud Schram is passionate about human rights and global issues. A U3 student double-majoring in Political Science and International Development and minoring in Environment, Schram hopes to use her education and experience with on-campus organizations to promote global humanitarian development. “I was born in Lyon, France, and then at the age of six I moved… Keep Reading

( Natalie Vineberg / McGill Tribune )
Student of the Week

Student of the Week: Katie Duff

Katie Duff, U3 Electrical Engineering, is using her passion for her field of study to further cancer research and create new modes of early detection for aggressive forms of cancer. Duff began her journey in the Faculty of Science, but after changing programs five times, she finally landed in the Department of Electrical Engineering, with a… Keep Reading

( Mayaz Alam / McGill Tribune )
Student of the Week

Student of the Week: Martin Mei

Martin Mei’s path to becoming deeply immersed in campus life stems from his desire to meet people and fully engage in the McGill community. His involvement covers all areas of campus life—from working at the McGill Bookstore and Dave’s Store in the basement of the Bronfman Building, holding the position of VP Engagement for Jeux… Keep Reading

1 2 3 7
Curiosity Delivers.
Go to Top