Curiosity Delivers.

Out on the Town

Out on the Town

Free and fun things to do in Montreal: Summer 2017 edition

Montreal is the place to be during the summer—its true beauty and romantic atmosphere simply cannot be captured during the winter months. Whether you are taking summer classes, working a job, or simply enjoying a break from studying, there’s always something exciting for you to do. As a student, the cost of exploring the city… Keep Reading

Review: Five takes on five dishes for five dollars each at CINKO Bar

CINKO, a resto-bar located in Montreal’s Quartier Latin, boasts a wide variety of dishes at only $5 per dish. To try out this seemingly too-good-to-be-true deal, The McGill Tribune’s Student Living team swung by during CINKO’s Saturday lunch hour, analyzing flavours and evaluating quality.   Poutine   While at first CINKO sounds like a great… Keep Reading

Out on the Town

Chez Boris is closing its doors at the end of April

Coffee and donuts are an age-old combination. But Chez Boris, located on the corner of Avenue du Parc and Avenue Laurier, made the pair extra-good. The quirky café—known for its ¢75 Russian-style beignets and incredible coffee—opened in August 2012; just five years later, it’s closing its doors.  On March 1, Chez Boris made the announcement… Keep Reading

Out on the Town

The Common Thread: Teaching Montreal to sew, stitch by stitch

A few generations ago, sewing was a required class in American schools. Today, many people no longer know how to sew; however, this is slowly changing—sewing is experiencing a resurgence in popularity among DIY enthusiasts. Increasingly, many people are recognizing the plethora of benefits to sewing—not only does it reduce stress, but it equips one… Keep Reading

Out on the Town

Viewpoint: A first-timer’s look at Nuit Blanche

Every winter, the streets of Quartier des Spectacles in downtown Montreal light up in celebration of Montreal en Lumière, one of the largest winter festivals in the world. The festival began in 2000 as a way of introducing people to Montreal’s winter scene. Combining performance art, gastronomy, unique art exhibits, and family-friendly activities, Montreal en… Keep Reading

Out on the Town

Concordia Write Nights: Finding inspiration in unlikely places

Inspiration can come from anywhere, and Concordia Write Nights aim to help writers access it. The student-founded group organizes workshops, events, and writing groups in a variety of unusual locations across Montreal for anyone looking to develop their writing. Started by the Students’ Association for Graduates in English (SAGE) at Concordia University in 2015, Write… Keep Reading

1 2 3 5
Curiosity Delivers.
Go to Top