Out on the Town

A fast-paced night showcases slow fashion in Montreal

The McCord Museum’s ‘After Hours: Slow Fashion’ event on Nov. 21 brought together members of Montreal’s fashion community for a night of celebrating sustainable style. The night’s programming focused on promoting creative and eco-friendly clothing and highlighted creative and ethical alternatives to fast fashion, the inexpensive clothing produced by mass-market […]

Behind the bar at Poincaré

Located in Chinatown, local and environmentally-conscious Cantine Poincaré is a hidden gem to enjoy on a chill night out with friends. The selection of craft beers and fermented snacks offers a unique, genuine Quebec pub experience. The McGill Tribune sat down with chef and co-founder Jeremiah Bullied, who also teaches fermentation […]

Exploring Les Quartiers du Canal

Les Quartiers du Canal consists of three neighbourhoods: Griffintown, Little Burgundy, and Saint-Henri. Situated along the popular Lachine Canal in southwest Montreal, the historically industrial area is quickly becoming a collection of trendy neighbourhoods, each with their own unique character. The McGill Tribune compiled some of the exhibits, restaurants, cafés, and […]

Gardens of Light: A multi-sensory gateway in the heart of Montreal

Every autumn, the Jardin Botanique of Montréal presents themed outdoor gardens that showcase diverse cultures. This year’s Gardens of Light guides visitors around the globe through its illuminated Chinese, First Nations, and Japanese Gardens.  Chinese Gardens  The Chinese Gardens were first featured in the Montreal Botanical Gardens in 1991. Beautifully crafted […]

Museum-goers baffled by Malevich’s “Black Square.” (www.sergeev.com)

Museums Day 2019: Storytellers, artisans, and conceptual art on display

On May 26, Montreal residents and visitors will have the opportunity to take advantage of the city’s 33rd annual Museums Day by visiting any of the 30 participating institutions for free. Organized by Musées Montréal, the diverse and colourful program showcases Montreal’s cultural vitality and features international artists and performers. […]