Curiosity Delivers.

Know Your Athlete

(Emma Hameau / The McGill Tribune)
Know Your Athlete

Know Your Athlete: Melodie Daoust

“I’m going to miss being part of a big family,” McGill Martlet Hockey captain and centre Mélodie Daoust said, looking back on her five years with the team. Daoust hasn’t always seen McGill this way. She knew she wanted to pursue higher education at a top Canadian school, but coming from Valleyfield, QC, the transition to living in Montreal was tough. Keep Reading

(Photo courtesy of Mathieu Pompei)
Know Your Athlete

Redmen help Canada take bronze at FISU Winter University Games

When one thinks of the ideal venue for the International University Sports Federation (FISU) 2017 Winter University Games, Kazakhstan probably isn’t the hockey mecca that comes to mind. However, for McGill Redmen Hockey centre Mathieu Pompei and defenceman Nathan Chiarlitti, the opportunity to head to the Kazakh city of Almaty to represent Canadian universities was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Keep Reading

(L-A Benoit/The McGill Tribune)
Know Your Athlete

Know Your Athlete: Alex Kiss-Rusk

The 6’4” Arts fourth-year starting centre of the Martlet basketball squad bounds into the room eager to talk about her team. Though a bona fide Canadian collegiate basketball superstar in her own right, Alex Kiss-Rusk is one of the least individualistic, most team-oriented athletes on campus. Keep Reading

(McGill Yearbook)
Know Your Athlete

Mike Babcock remembers his Redmen roots

Being the head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs is an exhausting job. The 53 year-old two-time Olympic gold medalist and Stanley Cup Champion is under constant scrutiny in arguably the most hockey-obsessed city in the world. Despite the big stage and the persistent strain, he has never forgotten his McGill roots. Keep Reading

(Noah Sutton / McGill Tribune)
Know Your Athlete

Know Your Athlete: Qadr Spooner

“[Football] is something my mom forced me to be a part of,” Spooner said. “So many benefits came after that—friendships, it helped me focus on school and do better in school; if you got bad marks you got kicked off the team [in high school….] It has just helped my life out so much. It keeps you from doing bad stuff [….] You meet so many great individuals and great peers.”  Keep Reading

(Photo courtesy of McGill Athletics)
Know Your Athlete

Know Your Athlete: Spencer Bromley

Fourth-year forward Spencer Bromley became the first McGill player selected in the draft when he was taken 48th overall in the fifth round by the two-time NLL defending champion, the Saskatchewan Rush.  Keep Reading

1 2 3
Curiosity Delivers.
Go to Top