Curiosity Delivers.

Off the Board

Off the Board

Why it pays to slow down this summer

Remember your elementary school summers? When school was out and the living was easy? Goodbye, long division–hello ice cream sandwiches, sleepover camp, and Saturday morning swimming lessons. As an undergraduate student, summers are sort of like those swimming lessons. Except instead of learning to float on your back, someone just throws you into the deep… Keep Reading

Off the Board

The rationale behind feeling

When at a crossroads, one may turn to confidants, religious texts, philosophy, or even the dubious self-help book section in search for answers to the problems of life’s minutiae. Along this vein, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) has become my latest interest in popular psychology. Its dichotomies based on Jungian theories can be read as… Keep Reading

Off the Board

It’s not just humans who can be biased

The tech industry has long been a demographically homogeneous place, and there has been a lot of conversation about how to make the industry more inclusive for people who don’t fit the stereotype of the Silicon Valley tech bro. However, making the products themselves more inclusive hasn't received as much public attention. In part, this can… Keep Reading

Off the Board

The slow science of personal and professional development

As undergraduate students, it’s easy to get caught up in thinking we need to have our professional trajectory entirely figured out before graduating. It doesn’t help that we’re encouraged to scramble for internships in order to beef up our resumes, or that some girl from your high school already has a TED Talk. McGill’s environment… Keep Reading

Off the Board

Is there an upside to the O’Leary candidacy?

It’s been an odd political year. As news from the United States continues to descend into absurdity, in Canada the Conservative Party leadership race drudges on, complete with a cast of characters large enough to carry a Marvel movie. The Conservative race came to McGill on Feb. 13, as TV celebrity-turned leadership hopeful Kevin O’Leary… Keep Reading

Off the Board

Laughing Matters: Squirrel slander put to rest

McGill has been the target of some vile chattering. As good McGillians, we must stand up for our grey friends—mostly because they can’t speak for themselves. Ladies and gentlemen, I am addressing the University of British Columbia’s (UBC) student newspaper, The Ubyssey, and one article’s boast that UBC’s squirrels are more popular than McGill’s. Fortunately,… Keep Reading

Off the Board

Montreal needs a better shovel for snowy sidewalks

Everyone’s been there—walking around Montreal when all of a sudden you find yourself looking up at the sky from your backside. Whether sober, drunk, or somewhere in between, Montreal’s sidewalks represent the single most dangerous threat to any student.  Snowy, slippery wipe-outs are commonplace, and those who find themselves victim of the city’s sidewalks can… Keep Reading

Off the Board

Why you should clap at the movies

Have you ever walked out of a movie in which the audience clapped raucously as the credits rolled, only to have your friend turn to you and ask, “What’s the point of clapping? It’s not like the cast or crew can hear the applause anyway.” If you’re anything like me, you’d respond to this comment… Keep Reading

1 2 3 9
Curiosity Delivers.
Go to Top