Curiosity Delivers.

The Tribune Explains

The Tribune Explains

Trib Explains: Defamation and tenure

What is defamation? In the Canadian legal system, defamation law protects an individual’s right to their reputation and good name. Defamation law is classified under tort law, a branch of Canadian law that provides compensation to those who have been injured or have had their property damaged by the wrongdoings of others. The Canadian Charter… Keep Reading

The Tribune Explains

Tribune Explains: CAMSR

What is CAMSR? The Committee to Advise on Matters of Social Responsibility (CAMSR) is an ad hoc committee whose mandate is to advise the Board of Governors (BoG) on socially responsible investing. Final decisions on the University’s academic, business, and financial affairs rest with the BoG. For an investment to be considered socially-responsible, it must… Keep Reading

The Tribune Explains

Tribune Explains: The three types of professors you’ll meet at McGill

Think that all professors are the same? Think again. There are three different categories of professors at McGill: Course lecturers, contract academic staff, and tenure/tenure-track staff.   Course Lecturers Minimum Salary: $7,800 per course   Course lecturers are professors who instruct at least one undergraduate or graduate course on a contractual course-by-course basis without being… Keep Reading

The Tribune Explains

Tribune Explains: Campus security

McGill Security Services are an integral role in keeping our campus community safe. The force completes a variety of daily security and patrolling tasks, ensures that on-campus events remain safe, and works with the Service de police de la ville de Montréal (SPVM) to keep the peace and ensure students’ safety on and near campus.… Keep Reading

The Tribune Explains

Tribune Explains: GA and Referenda

What is the General Assembly? The General Assembly (GA) is a method of direct decision-making that takes place once a semester for members of Students’ Society of McGill University (SSMU). The Fall GA will take place on Nov. 7 at 3 p.m. in the Shatner Building. All SSMU members, which includes all undergraduate students at… Keep Reading

The Tribune Explains

The Tribune Explains: McGill Senate

What is the McGill Senate? The McGill Senate was established in 1935 as an elected body intended to serve as a link between the McGill community and the Board of Governors (BoG). The BoG is partially comprised of elected Students’ Society of McGill University (SSMU) and Post-Graduate Students’ Society (PGSS) executives, with remaining members appointed… Keep Reading

Curiosity Delivers.
Go to Top